Introduction of New Member - Suzanne Brown

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Suzannw Brown, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Suzannw Brown

Suzannw Brown New Member

Hi my name is Suzanne Brown and I am currently researching my Grandfather's Military History. Sadly he died when my Dad was only 18 so I never got a chance to meet him, but from hearing the stories about him he was a character.

His name was William Brown and he was a Sapper. He served in the Royal Engineers and to my surprise has 2 Medal Index Cards. I'm currently trying to find him on the Silver War Badge Roll on Ancestry and have discovered that he got his new service number 1864819 in August 1920 and that although he had been demobilised he was still listed as a Reserve.

He was injured overseas he had engaged a German soilder and suffered a Bayonette wound to the hand. He then got a shrapnel wound which blew half of the back of his thigh off.

His other service numbers are as follows: 7251, 7252, 387252. I have found lots of different codes on the Medal Index cards, so if anyone has info that could assist me or point me in the right direction that would be great. When I look on Ancestry to see if he is on the SWB Roll I cant find him by his number but on reading some research some of the numbers may have been entered wrong on Ancestry.

Many thanks.

2. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

Welcome to our site !