How Hitler Could Have Won World War II: Why Germany Lost

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by GearZ, Oct 14, 2015.

1. GearZ

GearZ Member

I came across this video in my travels and watched it tonight whilst unwinding after a long day. It was presented by Bevin Alexander who wrote, among many texts, How Hitler Could Have Won World War II: Why Germany Lost. I don't agree with all of his conclusions, but the presentation is pretty good, particularly the Q&A session. Anyway, I just thought I'd pass it along.

Cheers.

jrj1701 likes this.
  2. nailah783

nailah783 Member

When I first looked at this thread, I thought I wasn't going to enjoy the context, but once I gave it a chance, I found it to be very interesting. Wars are won and lost by the decisions of the leaders in charge and not by the battles all the time. People made a lot of mistakes during WWII. Things could have come out differently.

3. tri-n-b-helpful

tri-n-b-helpful New Member

A very good find! That's quite an extensive Q&A session after that half hour lecture! This guy has obviously done a lot of work in this area over such a long time and it is very important to have such discussions and hear such talks in the way that this was conducted.

I guess my only real criticism, which is not really attacking what he said, is that of viewpoint or perspective. What he says seems mostly fine and good from the perspective of what was happening on the ground, but most people fail to acknowledge or even recognize the power which also controlled Hitler, at least to a large extent. Secondly, absolutely everything seems to get blamed on Hitler, when it's very clear that from the point of view of those living in Germany at the time, that his speeches and consequent actions before the war and at its outset were very much opposite to those which happened as the war progressed.

Anton Chaitkin has written extensively in the newspaper Executive Intelligence Review that after two decades of directing London and Wall Street's funding and promoting the Hitler regime, Montague Norman as Governor of The Bank of England, stepped down in 1944. The paper also links Hitler to being supplied by US chemical companies, JP Morgan and many others under the umbrella of the world's oligarchy of financial cartels. It's the old "divide and conquer" technique of massively profiting from pretty much every war in history (since the Six Weeks War), once the whole thing is properly investigated. First they fund one side, then the other, for the purpose of continuing the war for as long as possible. Hitler was also fulfilling the directives of the British Eugenics Society when in 1936 we see the Nuremberg Race Laws passed. Unfortunately, despite their best efforts after the war, the US investigators were continuously thwarted by the bankers there, including the Bush family. You can read all about it in James Stewart Martin's book All Honorable Men.

Also, there is the possibility that Hitler never suicided, as the Russians discovered. Hitler was actually more than a mere man. He had survived, virtually unscathed for the most part, not just one, but 35 assassination attempts, by which any other man would have died.

I'd be interested to discuss which conclusions Gear Z does not agree with.

4. Theodore Rainford

Theodore Rainford explorerx7

One of the major factors leading to Hitler's defeat was his decision to invade Russia during winter. He ignored the warning from his top aides forbidding him to do so.However because of his arrogance, he went forward sending his best army, the 6th Army into Russia. The German Soldiers just could not cope with the brutal winter conditions and the lack of supplies. They eventually had to retreat to Berlin with the Russian in hot pursuit. The Russian eventually defeated the 6th Army and overran Berlin.