Hi!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Pete234, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Pete234

Pete234 New Member

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have several questions, so please bear with me while I find my way around!
    I've started by posting a request of help on the Allied POWs Forum, hoping someone can throw some light as to whether or not my grandfather could have served in both WW1 and WW2.

The original story went - he joined up for WW1 (underage), serving first in the Marines and then the RGA, at some point receiving a head wound, resulting in a plate in his skull.
    He also received a tattooed number to his left forearm, supposedly as a POW in either Hong Kong or Japan, BUT, having exhausted the energy of the guys on the WW1 Forum, it has been suggested he could only have received the tattoo at one place, Auschwitz, and during WW2, hence my appearance here.
    So, that's it....I'm now hoping some of you chaps can help!

With thanks,
    Pete

2. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

Welcome, I think your help is already on the other thread ;)

3. spidge

spidge Active Member

Welcome to the forum Pete and good luck with your quest.

4. Kitty

Kitty New Member

welcome to the forum Pete.

5. Pete234

Pete234 New Member

Thanks for the welcome, three responses already!
    :)

6. CXX

CXX New Member

Hi Pete

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your research

Regards
    Peter

7. rebaccawood911

rebaccawood911 New Member

Hello

Hi folks welcome to this community and glad to be member to this site and hope you are enjoying this community and stay here longer and share your thoughts to us through this community,,,,,,

8. John

John Active Member

Welcome to the forum Pete - I hope you enjoy your time with us,
    :behindsofa:

9. Pete234

Pete234 New Member

Welcome messages

Hi again Folks, and thanks for the new welcoming messages!
    I am getting closer and closer with my results, gathering stuff now from both here and the Great War Forum and putting it all together, all good stuff, keep it coming!
    Pete
    :)