Hi to all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mfg495, Jan 15, 2008.

1. mfg495

mfg495 Member

Just a quick post to say hi to all the members.

I'm 49, (well closer to 50), also a serving member of the RAF just coming up to my 32 year point. My work sometimes keeps me away from the 'net' during the week, so I try and do all my catching up at the weekends.

I have a love for WW2 history, mainly Allied photographic reconnaissance.
    Hope to start post soon.

2. 51highland

51highland Member

Welcome mfg and enjoy, Look forward to seeing your posts.!!!!!

3. Kitty

Kitty New Member

RAF?

*Faints*

4. Hugh

Hugh New Member

Welcome aboard, Hope you enjoy it here.
    Regards
    Hugh

5. spidge

spidge Active Member

Welcome MFG495,

Look forward to your posts.

6. Nostalgair

Nostalgair New Member

Welcome aboard from another 'newbie'.

Cheers

Owen

7. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Welcome aboard, mate. I hope you enjoy it here. Very interested to see your posts on air recce. Fascinating stuff.

8. sniper

sniper Active Member

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. I know you'll enjoy your stay here and i'm sure you'll get along with Kyt as he has a massive interest in anything that flies. If its not against the MOD secrecy act where are you based? Anyway have fun and i look forward to seeing your posts.

Sniper :peep:

9. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Welcome aboard. As Sniper has kindly said, I do like anything that flies (as long as it's WW2-era) but haven't read a lot on PRUs in Europe (but I have read a fair bit on PR work over Burma). I look forward to reading your posts.

And that's a nice site you have.

10. mfg495

mfg495 Member

No secret, I'm station at RAF Brampton a very small Unit. It's great after all the flying stations I have been on. Stuck behind a desk, but I still get the odd trip out. :cry_smile:

Thanks for the comments on my site, I still have a lot more to add. It started out to be just about WW2, then a bit got added and then another bit.
    I'm trying to sort out some more imagery from the war and hopefully I will be posting it soon.

11. sniper

sniper Active Member

Hi Mfg,

Don't suppose you'd like to come and give a talk about the history of Air Reece to 2410 Squadron ATC do you? We are based in Didcot, Oxfordshire which isn't too far from you.

Sniper :peep:

12. mfg495

mfg495 Member

Sniper

PM on its way to you :clapping: