Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by pilot2fly, Sep 29, 2012.

1. pilot2fly

pilot2fly Member

Hi everyone,

My name is Jon and I'm 23. I am a huge military buff, and I especially love military history. I am big in military air power, and WWII was very interesting in this particular section. I live in a city in North Carolina that gets lots of harriers, sea stallions, ospreys, presidential fleet doing touch and goes, KC-135's, F-15's, F-18's, etc. Living near the beach, they'll often show off right over the crowd. I saw a cobra go vertical at 90 degrees and do a hammerhead and get close to the crowd. You see some interesting stuff.

Looking forward to getting into some excellent military oriented discussions with you guys!

2. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

Welcome aboard Jon, are those the naval aircraft out of the base in Norfolk you're seeing?

3. pilot2fly

pilot2fly Member

Hey Peter! I'm not sure about the F-18's, those might be. Ive seen them go into Camp Lejeune a few times as well, but they aren't based there. They do a lot of offshore operations and I saw one F-18 at about 2,000 feet going slow with a low amount of thrust over the beach. He was eerily quiet. The ospreys, sea stallions, harriers, chinooks, and cobras are all based at Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville, NC and Cherry Point in Havelock, NC. The F-15's and KC-135's are based out of Seymour Johnson in Goldsboro.