Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mike R, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Mike R

Mike R New Member

Hello everybody,

I have been incredibly interested military history, specifically ww2 from a young age, having grandfathers and great grandfathers serving in various conflicts.
    I have taken this interest further by starting to collect memorabilia, Just recently I have acquired an example of a british kolok machete, it has markings of MECO 1923 on the sheath and a soldiers surname & regiment

I would really appreciate any help finding out some more info on this item

2. Welcome to some of the most interesting boards I have found. Sit back, surf the pages and learn and read as much as you want.

3. Diptangshu

Diptangshu Active Member

Hi, thanks for joining the good Forum! Well.... regarding the MECO, I've noted a few things that to share is, Mills Equipment Company (British) used to stamp MECO but prior to 1923. IIRC - The company changed its stamp since 1923 as MECo.
    Other thing is that the name 'kolok' as mentioned, should be 'Golok' / 'Golak', an instrument that extensively uses in the South Asian countries, as far as my knowledge goes, the Gurkhas uses same kind of chopper known as 'kukri'/ 'khukri'. Thanks ..