Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Late Bloomer, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Late Bloomer

Late Bloomer New Member

I'm very much a late bloomer when it comes to history. In school it just didn't seem interesting. I suspect because most of it revolved around memorizing dates, which is boring. Now that I'm older and get to look at what I want to focus on with history, I find it fascinating.

2. Peninha

Peninha Member

Welcome to the forum Late Bloomer, I'd say better late than never, I hope you enjoy it here. :)

Late Bloomer likes this.
  3. Kate

Kate Active Member

Welcome, Late Bloomer... good to see you here. I hope you'll join in conversations that interest you and I'll look forward to reading your thoughts.

I didn't really like history much in school, either. I was an English or nothing person... hated math most of all. :eek:

I think the reason for that... at least in my case... was that in a classroom setting, we don't get to choose *which* part of history to study. As adults, if we want to know about U.S. or world history, military history, etc. we focus on that and don't need to have it convoluted with all those names, dates, and places that aren't part of our interest.

Late Bloomer likes this.
  4. Riggy

Riggy Member

Welcome to the forum! Your name was a good choice it seems :D You'll be surprised how much you learn in a short space of time when you focus on something. See you around and hope you enjoy the forum!