Hello from Portugal

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Peninha, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Peninha

Peninha Member

Hey everyone, even though I was never in the military due to health reasons I was always fascinated by it's history, possibly because my dad was in the war in Moçambique back in the 60's and his stories marked me as a kid. Anyway, thanks for having, off to explore the forums now.

2. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

3. Peninha

Peninha Member

Thank you for welcoming me Peter, great forum you have here, I imagine you love history and war. Have you studied it or is it just a hobby?

4. Peter T Davis

I've been interested in history in general since I was a kid. I got my B.A. in history and went to grad school for history too but only completed part of the Ph.D. requirements. I tell people I have a "half a Ph.D." lol.

BTW, I'm traveling to Portugal in a few days. It will be my first time there. :)

5. Peninha

Peninha Member

LOL, why don't you present this forum as your Ph.D. theme? Maybe they will accept it?

Where to in Portugal are you coming? Enjoying the beach and the good weather?

6. Peter T Davis

lol, most (all?) academic departments are not very different from the 19th century. The requirements to get a PhD are still the same as they were since the beginning, you take a lot of classes, you do some (mostly irrelevant) tests, and you write a (book) dissertation.

We're staying in a resort about an hour north of Lisbon, but we're renting a car because I want to drive around and see many different parts of the country. What part of Portugal do you live in?

7. Peninha

Peninha Member

Yes, that's true, classes, tests and a dissertation, that the way it is... I see not stimulating to you right? :)

I am in Lisbon, an hour to the north in a resort, Ericeira maybe? Wow, a month has gone by, so most likely you were already here?

8. lionzfire122

lionzfire122 New Member

Hello there! I hope you like this forum. By the way I like your picture!

Please post some new awesome threads so I can be a little more proactive. I go on here almost everyday unless it's something personal lol.

Anyways, I hope you have a wonderful experience on here and you will most certainly learn some crazy up to date things about the military. Some things may blow your mind!

LIONZFIRE

9. Peninha

Peninha Member

Thanks for the welcome, I am under the impression I am registered here longer than you, but no harm in being friendly I suppose. :) I hope you enjoy it here. ;)