Hello from NYC

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Max, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Max

Max New Member

This is my first post. I'm a filmmaker, fundraising for the short film "Flanders Fields Miracle" inspired by the Christmas Truce. I've gathered tons of background info from the internet and from the book "Christmas Truce" but I'm sure there's more that I don't have. If you have any stories or advice to share I'd be most appreciative. Even though my film is inspired by I'd still like to keep it as accurate as possible.

Please check out my fundraiser page at:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/626444655/flanders-fields-miracle

2. Sarge

Sarge New Member

Max, welcome to the forum!

3. Max

Max New Member

Thanks for the welcome!! Lots of things have been happening to me since I first logged in here. We took down the Kickstarter campaign because we changed the focus of the film from a narrative to a documentary so our funding goals became diiferent. But along the way we've been in touch with several historians who we'll interview in the documentary. Any ideas you guys might have for me would be greatly appreciated.

4. sniper

sniper Active Member

Hi Max,
    Welcome to the forum. Are you going to have the game of football in no mans land? What about the German soldier who held a xmas tree over the top of the trench before standing on top? What about the officers that tried to stop their men from meeting up with the Germans and even threatened to shoot them if they did? Its a great story umongst all the bitter fighting and i wish you all the luck with it. Please keep us in touch with how its going and if you need any questions answered we will do our best to help you.
    Sniper

5. Kbak

Kbak Member

Hi Max, welcome to the forum!

regards

Keith

6. Max

Max New Member

Hi Keith,

How are you?

Thanks for the welcome!

Best,

Max

7. Kbak

Kbak Member

Hi Max

I'm fine thanks, just to let you know i had your message for sniper come up in my e-mail box? might be
    something wrong with the reply feed to emails

regards

Keith

8. Max

Max New Member

Hi Sniper,

I think I'm having problems with my MAC because I've responded three times to your message but it's not appearing on the thread. Hope this one makes it.

We've gotten responses from historians, scholars, and authors and at the end, we'll have enough material for a full-length feature documentary.

I've made note of your suggestions and will make sure they make it into the film. If anything else comes to mind, please let me know.

Best,

Max

9. Max

Max New Member

Sorry about that. I tried Sniper again. Hope it doesn't show up in your email again.

10. Kbak

Kbak Member

Know worry s Max, your film project looks exciting good luck with it.

11. sniper

sniper Active Member

Not recieved any messages from you Max

Sniper

12. Max

Max New Member

Sorry I don't know what happened there. I was just replying to you.

Thanks for the stories. We'll definitely work them into the documentary.

If anything else comes to mind please let me know. Thanks.

13. Kbak

Kbak Member

Hi sniper I got your message for Max as well don't know whats happening lol

Regards

Keith

14. sniper

sniper Active Member

Hi Keith, I think its because you are subscribed to this thread and recieve emails whenever someone posts on it.

Mike