Hello fellow military history afficianados

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by cavtrooper, Apr 19, 2013.

1. cavtrooper

cavtrooper Member

Hi everyone,I just found this site,and it looks pretty good.I've always been interested in military history,and saw a fair amount of it first hand,serving 27 years with the US army,with two tours in Germany during the Cold War,as well as three tours in Iraq.I was wounded in action in '06,and medically retired.Currently serving as an American Legion officer.

Diptangshu likes this.
  2. Watson

Watson Member

Welcome aboard and thanks for your service.

cavtrooper likes this.
  3. cavtrooper

cavtrooper Member

I see that you've got the 2nd D patch-I did some time with them,although not in combat.

Watson likes this.
  4. Watson

Watson Member

Was with the 2nd in Korea 1969-70. Where were you in Germany? I spent a couple of years in Giessen, north of Frankfurt.

5. cavtrooper

cavtrooper Member

I did time with a brand new cav squadron in the 2nd at Fort Lewis,in '07,after I'd been called out of retirement.As far as Germany,I did two tours there,from 1981-83,in the 2/27 FA in Friedbergh,and then 1985-87 in 2/92 FA in Giessen(Rivers Barracks).

Watson likes this.
  6. Watson

Watson Member

That's unreal. I was at Rivers 1975-77 with the 3/79 ( Lance missile).

cavtrooper likes this.
  7. cavtrooper

cavtrooper Member

River's Zoo......I was there when that little punk defected to the USSR in '87.I took a break in service after I left there,and returned to the army in late '89.Just in time to catch Desert Storm a year later.

Watson likes this.