Hello All

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 292138, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Hugh

Hugh New Member

You did, sir :)
    Wrong, Andy, the glass was good quality like the whisky...a Scotsman wouldn't waste a drop...:)

Regards
    Hugh

2. Hugh

Hugh New Member

Cheers, 292138. Pussers it is :)

When I served we didn't have the tot but during the 1977 Spithead Review of the Fleet, HM Queen (God Bless Her!) sent the signal: "splice the mainbrace" .I was on watch in the Main Communications Office at the time.

My one and only official tot. Happy daze!

Regards
    Hugh

3. Kitty

Kitty New Member

And now my tutor is demanding either a Lefroig or a taliskers whisky if I want a good grade. Ho hum.

4. Hugh

Hugh New Member

Best give him (I assume it is a him) the whisky, Kitty, you want to pass, don't you. Best be on the safe side. :)
    Regards
    Hugh

5. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

What, now you're drinking the contents of the lamp? You Scots are hard core...:becky:

6. rlaughton

rlaughton http://www.militarian.com/account/avatar

Should we tell them that they can use ONE COMPUTER and have TWO NAMES on the Forum - or shall we just let them figure that out on their own? I am more concerned about "Junior" - the one that is 53 - as he should know better by now.

'55 Signing Out

7. Kitty

Kitty New Member

*has already priced up a Laphroig. took some finding on shelf as did not realise it was a gaelic*

8. 292138

292138 Guest

In reply to rLaughton from 'Junior'

Had it occured to you that I may not actually want to be a 'member' in my own right?
    Please dont intimate that either of us are incapable of working out the obvious for ourselves. You dont know me, or the old fella, yet make judgement based on a couple of posts intended as nothing more than a 'friendly' introduction.

The operative word here being 'friendly'.....you might want to consider that more than my capability with technology?

9. rlaughton

rlaughton http://www.militarian.com/account/avatar

My sincere apology, no disrespect intended. It was a "nudge" to one of the administrators as I perceived that you were having trouble with the site. Nothing more. My interpretation of your introduction was obviously incorrect.

I shall now walk the plank!

Richard