Header Ideas and colours

Discussion in 'Latest News' started by Wise1, Oct 31, 2007.

1. spidge

spidge Active Member

Just a suggestion of what could go in.

Don't take this even as a skel as I just chucked some things together.

View attachment 570

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Headers are tricky - always difficult as to what should be included because someone will always complain to its skewed to one thing or country(s) or something.

My favourite header (which Andy will understand why) is for my favourite magazine but it's easy for them - they're only concentrating on one thing:

[​IMG]

http://www.britain-at-war-magazine.com/

3. spidge

spidge Active Member

4. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

If you're going to use black ,perhaps incorporate in a D-day stripes design of sorts somewhere on the site. Otherwise, not too keen on black.

Some iconic photos or even then and now shots along the header would be different. I do agree with getting as far away from the dark side as possible though.

A personal touch? A tank crew lounging on their tank, or a bomber crew photogrpahed in front of their a/c in full gear, or a gun crew on a ship at rest...

What about a pic of a Tobruk cricket game?

5. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Am rubbish at graphics but did like this rendition of the world

Attached Files:

6. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

A lot of sites tend to go slightly darker because most images are black and white, howeer over at ww2gallery.net there is a big colour section we could take images from to brighten things up on the header which will then lend itself to brighter colours on the forum.

7. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

I keep forgetting about the gallery - will have a browse now.

8. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

I like this one too but for us less well read souls could the picture denote how far reaching it was, or which were the allied, axis and neutral countries?

I also like the autumnal theme; could it change with the seasons?

If you use battle scenes or equipment, is it possible to identify them with the cursor for us newbies.

CTNana

9. Kitty

Kitty New Member

The cursor idea is a good one.

I do like the idea of the grey though with flashes of colour, that one you showed us some time back Lee looked good. The flashes of colour could be changed for each forum area? So the blues for Commonwealth/ Allied black and red for German etc.

10. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Just an idea, will you be doing a Guy Fawkes special and a Poppy Day special? I demand purdy coloured forum!

11. Antipodean Andy

Great idea, Lee!

12. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

I have to admit that I did not like the Halloween skin! Too dark and bits were unreadable!

But I will have a look at the website and see what is available

13. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I agree the halloween skin was hard to read, but that is because the writing was a deep shade of purple.

14. spidge

spidge Active Member

Wasn't that "A whiter shade of pale"?

15. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Possibly Blue Velvet

16. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

I really enjoyed the Halloween skin for the first couple of hours - then made my eyes water.

The problem is that I'm colour blind so my perceptions of some skins will be different from other "normal" peoples

17. spidge

spidge Active Member

Hurt my eyes as I was continually straining to read the screen.

18. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I was OK, but dealt with it by letting my eyes relax and go slightly out of focus for the hard to read bits.

19. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

I like the poppy header. Very tasteful!

CTNana

20. Antipodean Andy

I think if we became "the forum with the colour WWII pics on the front page" we'd really stand out from the rest.

I wasn't a fan of the Halloween skin either but appreciated Lee's efforts as it was worth a chuckle! Looking forward to any Poppy one that is done. Believe it or not, my sister is getting married on the 11th within throwing distance of the state war memorial and you'll never guess what time she's scheduled to start.

I have argued with here for six months to get it changed and have resorted to telling her to arrive fashionably late and telling my mates who are bringing some old cars for her and her fiance to "take their time". Dumb, dumb, dumb! Jodi and I shall be wearing poppies at least.