Greetings from yet another new dude

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Geedee, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Geedee

Geedee Guest

Hi guys.

Stumbled across this site at work today and it looks kinda busy !.

My main interest is Warbirds, especially those that are still flying. Have been for a few flights on my trips to the States and have so far racked up two flights in B17 'Fuddy Duddy' and one last Sept at the Gathering of Mustangs and Legends in B25 'Pacific Prowler'. Got loads of pics from these flights and some vids that I'll post up later on if anyone is interested.

I'm saving at present to go to the CAF Airsho in Sept this year (more rides !!...woohoo !!) and am hoping to do the Air Racing at RENO as well. This one will be expensive cos I'm hoping to get a ride in the back of a P-51.

I'm currently scratch building a full scale P-51 cockpit to used as a procedures trainer and will eventually get it rigged upto a PC so I can go 'dagadaga etc etc. Can't afford a real one so settled on this as my best bet.

Looking forward to having fun here.

Cheers

Gary

2. sniper

sniper Active Member

Welcome to the forum Gary. I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun here and i know a lot of the members have flying interests and will love to hear about your flights. Its a good forum and the members are very helpful most of the time, lol. I look forward to seeing those photos and hearing about your experiences on your flights.

Sniper :peep:

3. spidge

spidge Active Member

Welcome Gary.

You sure are getting what you want out of life. Congratulations.

Green with envy will be the saying for the day.

4. Nostalgair

Nostalgair New Member

Welcome aboard mate.

Regards,

Owen

5. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Welcome, Gary, hope you have fun posting here. We refer fairly often to the warbird world as we make links from the past to the present. Check out Owen's "Down to Earth" thread for a direct link between the book he wrote and a Hurri being rebuilt.

Good to have you here. Hanging out patiently for any pics you post! Drool...

6. Geedee

Geedee Guest

Hi guys and thanks for the welcome.

A mate of mine has a scratch built Hurricane cockpit thats he's built up over the years...along with a few other gems (dont know where he gets the time to do all this) and its his enthusiasm thats got me started on my 'Stang.

I've in the process of updating his site but as I'm new to this web-monkey lark its a work in progress...hope this link works

http://http://www.airdefencecollection.co.uk/

I'll put a thread together later with pics of how my 'Stang is progressing, but there is still a long long way to go !

7. Hugh

Hugh New Member

Welcome aboard Gary, enjoy your time here.
    Regards
    Hugh

8. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Welcome aboard Gary

9. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Weclome aboard Gary :D

Hate you now ;)

10. mfg495

mfg495 Member

Welcome to the site :clapping: