Greetings from Denmark

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Galland, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Make sure you drink plenty of water and eat lots of things that are bad for you. May as well enjoy being ill.

2. sniper

sniper Active Member

Hope you get well soon Galland, and the offer is an open offer so no worries on time, don't seem to be going anywhere, hahaha

3. Galland

Galland New Member

Roger that. :dwarf: :D

Thanks, I'll get back to you as soon as I can think straight again. :)

4. kenmorrison

kenmorrison Member

In ESBJERG (Fourfelt) Cemetery are the RAF crew and 3 SOE agents of the Polish Liberation Army who were killed on 14 September 1943 when their Halifax of 138 (Special Duties) Squadron crashed.
    The Pilot, Flight Lieutenant (138662) Angus John Mathewson Milne, Distinguished Flying Cross, was just 21 years old.
    He was born in 1922 in Penang, the Straits Settlement (Malaysia) and was trained at the Lincoln Flying School, Florida, USA.
    His family had a home near my own and he is remembered on my local War Memorial at Colvend Parish Church, KIrkcudbrightshire.

Ken

5. spidge

spidge Active Member

There was an Aussie in one of those four downed Aircraft HR666. Dennis Barton Ireland who was an Aussie in the RAF and listed as UK. He was the son of son of Henry Ezekiel and Beatrice Ina Ireland of Melbourne,Victoria,Australia. He is buried at KRISTIANSAND CIVIL CEMETERY Norway . Still trying to get a photo of his headstone.

This is the list and details of the four.:

View attachment 3791 View attachment 3792 View attachment 3793 View attachment 3794

6. martinww2

martinww2 New Member

Welcome aboard!:clap2:

7. kenmorrison

kenmorrison Member

Spidge - I notice F/L Milne appears in your first attachment with (FOF) after his name. He also is on the 3rd attachment with all his crew as I previously posted.
    What does the 1st one mean?

Ken

8. Galland

Galland New Member

Thanks. :)