G'day

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by gaz70, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Kbak

Kbak Member

Hi gary if you look at the top right it says e surry r which means east surrey regiment and underneath it is a 2/ that states he was in the 2 battlion
    Regards
    Keith

2. gaz70

gaz70 New Member

g'day keith, i joined find my past free trial....cant find the military or hit ofr DCM or Surrey regiment registration....need help.....maybe because its a free trail...

cheers

gary

3. Kbak

Kbak Member

Hi i have got to go out, but when i get back this evening i will put a run through up fot you.
    What i suggest is you do a bit o research on the 2 battlion and see were he fort in france and belguim
    Regards
    Keith

4. Kbak

Kbak Member

Hi Gary,
    This is what you do, when you are on the home page go to search records, then press Armed forces and conflicts then press search all military records this will take you to enter name.
    Type in his name and press ww1 and hit search.
    This will take you to the list of hits, you should be able to see Distinguished Conduct Medal Citations 1914-
    click the link and it will take you to a list of people and at the bottom is a Charles W Edwards.
    If you click his name it should tell you if it is him or not.

Then go back to the main list and near the bottom is the Surrey Recruitment Registers 1908-
    1933 and do the same .

Hope this has helped

regards

Keith