G'day

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Antipodean Andy, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Hi everyone

Some of you will know me from WW2Chat (well, all of you at present!) and, I have to admit, that's where my main interest and knowledge lies. However, I am in complete awe of WWI and endeavour to read as widely as possible (so many familiar place names). While my WWII interest is mainly in the aviation of the Commonwealth, I find myself reading about all services in the Great War.

I've only visited one WWI battlefield, Gallipoli, but am amazed at how accessible things seem in France, Belgium etc especially the ability to follow the history so easily on foot as it were.

I am 32, married to a whirlwind of a wife, live on just over four acres in Melbourne, Victoria and try to restore vintage trucks when I have the time in between the many projects around the property. I work as a mining recruitment consultant. Our office overlooks the Shrine of Rememberance in Melbourne - a more moving and perfectly designed memorial, I have yet to see.

Looking forward to contributing here but I'll say I'll certainly be doing more reading than posting!

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope it's a safe and enjoyable one for you and your family.

2. David Layne

David Layne Active Member

Great, I look forward to being part of the community.

3. spidge

spidge Active Member

Hi all,

Again, I am a member of other forums with my main interest in WW2 at (WW2chat.com). My project is collecting the photos of headstone and memorials from 65 countries of those 11,000+ Australians that died in the RAAF/RAF during that period. This has now extended to those Australians who also died during WW1 in the AFC/RFC/RNAS/RAF (320+and counting)

I am a widower with two daughters living in Melbourne, Australia.

I bid a very warm welcome to all new members and hope that you will enjoy the "atmosphere" of this new forum.

cheers