G'day

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mark Moore, May 31, 2015.

1. Mark Moore

Mark Moore New Member

Hi,

I have joined due to my work on my Family tree, and a developing history in the British, Australian, and Canadian Military.

I hope to add many positive comments and information.

Mark

2. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrake Active Member

Welcome, I just wonder if you pursue your family tree enough will you find a few branches in the U.S., as I have known a number of people named Moore (several close friends over the years) here in the States. Anyway, British, Canadian, and Australian forces have a long history of overlapping service with ours (more together than opposing).

3. Mark Moore

Mark Moore New Member

Thank you Thomas.

I actually do have some connections with members of US Forces, including the Revolutionary War, but they aren't Moores.

I am actually looking at the campaigns in the Mediterranean at the moment, I had relatives who served with the Fifth Army at Salerno - a member of the Queen's (Royal West Surrey) Regiment; my grandfather who served with the British Eighth Army; and someone more esoterically related serving in the Loyal Edmonton Regiment in the 1st Canadian Corps, as a part of both Fifth and Eighth Armies at different times.

Mark