From my Military Net Post-Box

Discussion in 'Other Conflicts' started by Keith, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Keith

Keith New Member

I hope this will be read by all,
    Keith

2. Keith

Keith New Member

From my Military Net #2

For any who did not find the first post readable

Keith

3. Adrian Roberts

Adrian Roberts Active Member

This poem is quoted in the Telegraph today, so it is certainly getting around.

It is good to see soldiers carrying on the tradition of writing poetry that expresses their anger and sorrow. In this war as in many previous, some of their anger is directed at the politicians.

4. Keith

Keith New Member

My Military Net

Hi Adrian,
    I agree the feelings of our troops towards Parliament is patently obvious.
    They obviously wonder, as I do, having signed up to defend our country, they are where they are, fighting to defend themselves from a hostile population who resent their interfering presence.

Why has there been no government representation when the bodies of our troops have arrived home.
    You may think they are ashamed of their orders when volunteering our troops to police actions which have nothing to do with us.
    You may feel they are afraid of public reaction.
    Just how important do they feel we are today regarding global affairs.
    The rest of our beloved neighbours seem to have more sense.

Sorry. soapbox showing.
    Not even a smilely.
    Keith

5. Cobber

Cobber New Member

It's just one of those things Adrian, Governments will allways waste the lives of their soldiers, most especially Volunteers.
    It's debatable about what good all the troops from all the nations are doing in this and other war zones, and what to call the job they are doing. Most especially after over nearly 8 years of fighting in Afghanistan. Although casualties seem high they are quite small when spread over the amount of years they have been deployed their.
    Though even 'one casualty' is one too many.

Soldiers are sent away from their primary mission of defending their home lands and such. Ok their is no obvious threat of invasion or a large military attack on any of our nations. Yet the soldiers go where they are told and do what they are told. As that is their job,It really is depressing to hear that no Govt MP or their senior representative are at the Air Field when the those who paid the ultimate sacrifice are bought home. Sounds very selfish to me.

Unfortunately the leaders of three or four nations in particular, seem to think that they have to be the Vanguard of the Democratic world.

Cheers
    Cbbr

6. Keith

Keith New Member

Another from my friend in Aldershot/Pirbright.
    Its on "You Tube" entitkled "The Average British Soldier" by iangrant.
    I've just tried it and it works, with more to look at.
    Hope you can find it, it wont load in its present form onto the forum.

I shall be grateful to be there again on Armistice Sunday, I have only ever missed two due to ill-health.

Cheers
    Keith DIV

7. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Unfortunately I am working on Armistice Sunday, as ever. However my little enamel poppy badge is back in place on my collar and I shall be wearing the medals of a good friend, hidden away under my top so they are protected on the day.

Just too many lost, and now 5 murdered by the policeman they were training and trusted.

8. Cobber

Cobber New Member

Long wars need to be fought to a successful conclusion, very very few western nations have in recent decades or even centuries, have been involved in a long drawn out Hot war where the enemy is a organised fighting force who use counter patroling and many other standard ways of open and irregular warfare.

However those who have experience of a long drawn out war lasting a decade or more are less likely to complain about casualties as that is the most unfortunate thing about war, there are casualties some times you loose none, or just one or two. On other days you can loose a Ptn, we all have to just keep our noses to the grind stone and keep fighting. Casualties are a part of hot wars, especially drawn out wars like Afganistan
    As I often say one casualtie is one to many, however our armies have a job to do and they are doing it very well, so lets accept that their will be casualties. Some people (no one in particular) will have to realize this is not the 1960's USA or Australia where it was ok for the public to constantly complain about all that happens.

So we all who have troops in Afganistan, should immediatly stop this complaining about casualties if you don't want casualties in a war like this then it would be best to not go in the first place. It takes the lives & limbs of wonderful men and women and dedication and total support from the people at home to win long term wars like this.

9. Keith

Keith New Member

My Military Net

Hi All,

Another letter from my friends in Aldershot

Cheers
    Keith DV

Attached Files:

10. Kitty

Kitty New Member

thats disgusting!

11. Keith

Keith New Member

My Military Net

Hi Kitty,

I hope you meant the content !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:behindsofa:

Cheers
    Keith DVI

12. Kitty

Kitty New Member

yes i did mean the content, i can't beleive his death got no coverage because a plastic bag died.