Flightpath to Murder

Discussion in 'Books and Films' started by Steve Darlow, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Steve Darlow

Steve Darlow New Member

(Hope you won't mind but a bit of publicity again)

In September 1944 a young Allied fighter pilot force-lands his damaged aircraft deep into hostile enemy territory. He survives the crash but minutes later his life is taken . . .

My latest book Flightpath to Murder is about to go to the printers and due for publication in August. It concerns the shooting down, capture and murder of an Allied fighter pilot and the post-war war crime trial.

Further information can be found on Steve Darlow BSc - Military Aviation Author

Steve Darlow

2. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Good luck with it, Steve. Everyone should have at least one Darlow on the shelf!

3. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Have had this in my Amazon watchlist for quite a while, and am looking forward to it.

Steve, will there by any signings etc? I know the subject matter precludes the obvious but any squadron comrades?

And I see that that the cover has changed Flightpath to Murder: Steve Darlow: Amazon.co.uk: Books

4. Steve Darlow

Steve Darlow New Member

Hi Kyt

I have actually taken the decision to not seek out any signing events (although I am prepared to sign books myself - see website). This is a very 'dark' book. The subject matter is not exactly a cause for a veteran get together celebration. I did think about perhaps 2nd TAF pilots from that period at a signing but it just did not feel right. I am still in touch with the pilot's family, including some of his siblings. Whilst they have been very supportive this is still a very sad event for them and I think they would view a veteran book signing as inapproriate. I think you'll understand if you get round to reading it.

Yes we have changed the cover. I felt the first design did not convey the essence of the book, that this was a tragic, dark and brutal episode.

Steve

5. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

That's fair enough Steve, I can understand your point.

I will be awaiting the release. Sadly it's not the first book thatI've read covering such crimes. I recently finished a book on the investigation of the murder of the 50 from the Great Escape, and a while back I read Wolfsangel: A German City on Trial, 1945-48