Dunkirk Evacuation - Ship Captain Tom Woods OBE memories

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by PaulCheall, Nov 26, 2014.

1. PaulCheall

PaulCheall Member

I would like to draw forum members' attention to some new pages on my web site. A relative of Captain Tom Woods has sent me various papers, letters and photos which as well as being of historic interest, also allude to a conspiracy theory of sorts about a mutiny amongst some members of ships crew aboard the ferries which were evacuating large numbers of troops. The ship in question is the Lady of Mann, who rescued my Dad from the beaches so it's fascinating for me personally to hear about the rescue from a different angle. But for me the crew and captain are to be regarded as heroes and indeed Tom Woods was awarded the OBE for his services not just at Dunkirk but in other theatres too.
    The material includes letters home, a report to his bosses, photos and historic telegrams containing orders. Go to http://bit.ly/mannww2 to see the pages.
    Meanwhile, here's a few pics to whet your appetites
    Thanks
    Paul
    Capt Tom Woods of Lady of Mann - WW2 diary war dunkirk ships.jpg Lady of Mann just after war service -  WW2 diary war dunkirk ships.jpeg Orders to Dunkirk ship Lady of Mann ww2.jpg