Denial

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Wise1, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

I was reading today that since the highly publicised case of daft Irving and his prison sentence that denial of the holocaust is is on the increase across europe especially.

Now normally I would start covering the reasons that would be rubbish, however lets do a bit of role reversal here.

What reasons could you possibly give to suggest that the holocaust did not happen? Dont just say its rubbish, lets here some of the material used by the deniasts (if thats a word) to disprove what happened.

2. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Can't even think of any so it'll be interesting to hear what passes as "proof".

3. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

Ok, well here are some of the main and most called upon claims by denial groups.

The Nazis had no official policy or intention of exterminating Jews

Documentary evidence of the Holocaust, from photographs to the Diary of Anne Frank, is fabricated

Survivor testimonies are filled with errors and inconsistencies, and are thus unreliable

The Nazi treatment of Jews was no different from what the Allies did to their enemies in World War II.

4. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Ah yes, the old Jews brought it upon themselves. Jewish world wide conspiracy to control us. Etc etc etc

5. Ron Goldstein

Ron Goldstein Member

And you notice that the Jews always managed to avoid serving in the forces during WW2

Ron
    (and he should know!)

6. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Oh yes, terrible cowards the lot of them. Brought it all on themselves.

(I feel sick)

7. Adrian Roberts

Adrian Roberts Active Member

What about all the Allied servicemen who liberated these camps and saw the aftermath, the piles of corpses and skeletal survivors? I suppose the deniers would say that these people were dying of disease and starvation and this doesn't prove the use of the gas chambers etc etc. I suppose an argument sometimes given against the holocaust is that by definition, no-one alive saw the gas ovens in action, apart from the Nazi operators who deny it. But some forced labourers who had to dispose of the bodies survived. But how else could anyone account for six million dead (and that's just the Jews)?

Basically its easier to believe that it did happen than that all that evidence could be fabricated. And why should it be fabricated? After all, it wasn't until after the war that the Allies were able to publicise what was going on - we did not need that evidence to whip up hatred against the Nazis and persuade our populations to fight.

8. spidge

spidge Active Member

I knew a "European" guy in the 60's whose father told him that the reason the Jews were all malnourished (in camp photos) is because they all went on a hunger strike because they were not allowed to fight in the German army against the allies. The guards provided the best food but they preferred to starve.

This guy believed his father's version and would not hear of anything to the contrary.

9. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Laughable at best.