Dad was in 51st Highland Division - 183 Provost Co CMP

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chris51, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Chris51

Chris51 New Member

My Dad was John (Jack) Travis. It would be great to find out more about 183 Provost CMP. Does CMP stand for Co of Military Police? In 1945 he was in Jesi, Ancona, Italy. I have a list of names and a photo of some Lance Corporals who served along with him and I would really love to get in touch with any descendant of one of these men. I know that is a very long shot!

2. Colin Hazell

Colin Hazell New Member

Hi, my dad served with the 51st Highland Division and reached the rank of corporal. His name was George Hazell and I would be interested in seeing any photographs, news, etc., of the exploits of the HLI in Italy.

3. Chris51

Chris51 New Member

Hi Colin. Unfortunately I don't remember any mention of a George Hazell in my dad's writings, but I will double check, and he could possibly be on the photo I have of a celebration dinner which I have attached. I have a photo of my dad in a very large group but not sure whether it is 51st because he was in the army before WW2 and looks very young on it. Have attached a cut-out but can post whole photo if you think it is 51st.
    Chris

Attached Files: