Commonwealth Roll of Honour Project

Discussion in 'Memorials & Cemeteries' started by sniper, Aug 23, 2010.

1. sniper

sniper Active Member

Commonwealth Roll Of Honour Project

Hi All,

In view of the cost of a photograph from the private websites such as the Maple Leaf Legacy and the BWMP i have decided to start a new Project, the aims of the project are set out below.
    I am already working with The Veterans Affairs Canada team and have been working with them for the last year or so. I'm hoping to also be working with a New Zealand and South African goverments who i have been in contact with for the last few weeks.
    The Project is called The Commonwealth Roll Of Honour Project and here are the aims.

The aim of this project is to work in conjunction with the governments or similar bodies in each Commonwealth Country to develop or contribute to a source of FREE online information of their war casualties.
    Our hope is to include all the information we can, including attestation papers, service records, medal records, war diaries, photographs of headstones and memorials and any other information available.
    If you are interested in helping with such a project or you are looking for a relative and would like our help please contact me or become a part of the Commonwealth Roll of Honour Project.
    COMMONWEALTH ROLL OF HONOUR PROJECTS

Please email me or PM me should you wish to help or if you have any questions. I hope that you will be able to join the Project and look forward to working with anyone who wishes to help.

A proper website will hopefully be up and running within the next couple of months.

Sniper

2. sniper

sniper Active Member

So far i have around 50,000 photos of WW1 and WW2 casualties headstones and i am looking for volunteers in all areas of the world to take photo's of wargraves in the area where they live. I have a spreadsheet of all counties and countries which i recieved from the CWGC so will be able to tell you where in your area there are photos to be taken.
    I am also looking for a couple of volunteers to do some admin work such as data splitting, and also in the future i will need someone to edit the volunteers newsletter. If you feel that you can help please contact me either on this thread or you can PM me and i will send you details.
    Thanks
    Sniper

3. sniper

sniper Active Member

I will be posting up a list of cemeteries that have WW1 casualties buried there that i have and are complete. The number of names that i now have on digital format is up to around 250,000 of either headstones or memorials. Wherever you may live there are probably some war graves that need doing for the project, so if your interested in joiming this project please leave a message on this thread and i will get back to you within 24 hours.

Thanks
    Sniper

4. sniper

sniper Active Member

Cemeteries completed in France

ECOUST-ST. MEIN BRITISH CEMETERY, Pas de Calais
    AUCHONVILLERS COMMUNAL CEMETERY, Somme
    BRANCOURT-LE-GRAND-MILITARY CEMETERY, Aisne
    BRANCOURT-LE-GRAND COMMUNAL CEMETERY, Aisne
    CALVAIRE CEMETERY MONTBREHAIN, Aisne
    FAFFEMONT ISOLATED GRAVE COMBLES, Somme
    HANNESCAMPS CHURCHYARD, Pas de Calais
    HIGH TREE CEMETERY MONTBREHAIN, Aisne
    JONCOURT BRITISH CEMETERY, Aisne
    JONCOURT EAST BRITISH CEMETERY, Aisne
    LA BARAQUE BRITISH CEMETERY, Aisne
    LEVERGIES COMMUNAL CEMETERY, Aisne
    MONTBREHAIN COMMUNAL CEMETERY, Aisne
    MORVAL COMMUNAL CEMETERY, Pas de Calais
    SUCRERIE BRITISH CEMETERY GRAINCOURT-LES-HAVRINCOURT, Pas de Calais
    UPLANDS CEMETERY MAGNY-LA-FOSSE, Aisne
    VILLERS-BRETONNEUX COMMUNAL CEMETERY, Somme
    WAILLY COMMUNAL CEMETERY, Pas de Calais
    CONDE-SUR-L'ESCAUT COMMUNAL CEMETERY, Nord
    QUATRE-VENTS MILITARY CEMETERYESTREE-CAUCHY, Pas de Calais
    ROEUX BRITISH CEMETERY, Pas de Calais
    AIX-NOULETTE COMMUNAL CEMETERY, Pas de Calais
    AIX-NOULETTE COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION, Pas de Calais
    BEAULENCOURT BRITISH CEMETERYLIGNY-THILLOY, Pas de Calais
    BELLACOURT MILITARY CEMETERY RIVIERE, Pas de Calais

Some of these cemeteries may not include WW1 casualties. More completed cemeteries to follow

Sniper

5. sniper

sniper Active Member

Hi All,

I have just opened up a new forum for The Commonwealth Roll of Honour Project so if you have a request or you have a little time to volunteer to take photo's or you have a little more time and wish to become a coordinator for your area then please join the forum and let me know. The forum address is http://crohp.forumotion.co.uk/