Commonwealth Roll Of Honour Project

Discussion in 'Memorials & Cemeteries' started by sniper, Aug 15, 2009.

1. sniper

sniper Active Member

In view of the cost of a photograph from the private websites such as the Maple Leaf Legacy and the BWMP i had decided to start a new Project about two years ago, the aims of the project are set out below.
    I am already working with The Veterans Affairs Canada team and have been working with them for the last year or so. I'm hoping to also be working with a New Zealand and South African goverments who i have been in contact with for the last few weeks. After a lengthy illness i am back to re-launch the project and take it onto the next stage.
    The Project is called The Commonwealth Roll Of Honour Project and here are the aims.

The aim of this project is to work in conjunction with the governments or similar bodies in each Commonwealth Country to develop or contribute to a source of FREE online information of their war casualties.
    Our hope is to include all the information we can, including attestation papers, service records, medal records, war diaries, photographs of headstones and memorials and any other information available.
    If you are interested in helping with such a project or you are looking for a relative and would like our help please email me for information. We also wish to help individual researchers, whether family or military orientated with being able to provide them with as much imformation as we can.
    COMMONWEALTH ROLL OF HONOUR PROJECTS

Please email me or PM me should you wish to help or if you have any questions. I hope that you will be able to join the Project and look forward to working with anyone who wishes to help.

A proper website will hopefully be up and running within the next couple of months.