Cheers

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lestock, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Lestock

Lestock Guest

Hello all from deepest, darkest Nova Scotia.
    My name is Wayne and I have been a student of Second World War history since childhood.
    28 years service as a Reserve Army Infantryman (8 yrs out), had the honour of serving in four different distinguished Infantry Units scattered across the country as I moved here and there following the usual, (jobs, women). I settled here in Truro NS in '91 with my wife Tara, son Connary, and dog Ceilidh.
    I hope to continue my learning process here in your Forum and at the same time contribute to same.

Cheers

2. spidge

spidge Active Member

Welcome again Wayne.

Look forward to your posts.

Love the dogs name. Do you take him for walks on the trail or did you find him there.

Maybe a Scottish connection?

3. Lestock

Lestock Guest

Ceilidh The Wonder Dog

Everything in Nova Scotia has Celtic/Scots/Highland/Lowland/Whatever, connections don't you know.
    I picked her up here in Truro about seven years ago after she was abandoned. She has kind of a Husky/Sheppard/Border Collie thing going on. But by far the best pet I've ever owned.
    Thanks for the invite to the site, I'll lurk for a little while to get a feel for the atmosphere here, and then I'll jump in.

Siol Na Fear Fearail

Cheers

Wayne

4. spidge

spidge Active Member

I bet the girls loved that motto!

Breed of Manly Men. I can see them going weak at the knees now!:becky:

5. sniper

sniper Active Member

Welcome Wayne, enjoy your stay here, they are an awesome bunch and really helpful. Its good to have a Canuck in the forum. I'm researching the war memorial at Beamsville, Ontario, thats where my other half is from.

Sniper :peep:

6. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Welcome Wayne

7. Hugh

Hugh New Member

Welcome aboard Wayne,
    I hope you enjoy the site.

Regards
    Hugh in Old Scotland.

8. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Cead Mile failte Wayne.

Look, I don't know any Scots ok? ;)

9. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Welcome Wayne, you've come to a great forum. We're all friendly and occasionally talk some sense! I'm sure you'll enjoy reading and posting here.

All the best.

10. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Talk sense? Speak for your self Ozzie!

11. sgt petts

sgt petts Member

Welcome Wayne,

I have a big interest in Clydebank, where my great grandfather was from.
    Plus the regiments he and his brothers were in (WW1)

Royal Engineer's, Kings Own Scottish Borderers, Highland Light Infantry, Queens Own Cameron Highlanders and Black Watch (Royal Highlanders)

I am trying to finds a copy of the book, "Clydebank Blitz"

12. Kyt

Kyt Άρης