Canadian great war project

Discussion in 'World War 1' started by sniper, Dec 30, 2007.

1. sniper

sniper Active Member

As i've mentioned on another thread my project, 'The Commonwealth Roll of Honour Project' is working very closely with The Canadian Great War Project in supplying photos, information and transcribing records.

Here's the link to their home page so you can all check it out and see what a worthy cause it is. It's still quite new but the information they have on their website about the men is outstanding and it just doesn't cover casualties.

I am looking forward to working with them further in the coming year and hope to of been able to upload at least 75% of Canadian casualties headstones by the end of the year, (2008).

Cheers
    Sniper :peep:

2. sniper

sniper Active Member

3. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Mike, I am in awe of what you've taken on. Again, if there's anything I/we can do to help, just ask.

4. rlaughton

rlaughton http://www.militarian.com/account/avatar

Marc's site is a great place to upload records if you are working on a specific group of soldiers, I have a number of groups I am working on posted there but I don't think the public can access the specific groups.

I do suggest the download page for the utilities, particularly the CEF NAMES program. That alone can save a researcher hundreds of hours a year.

I am not sure I understand about the "headstones" as to me that is a different site - the Maple Leaf Legacy Project - but perhaps I am confused? What again??