Calling all time served members

Discussion in 'Latest News' started by Keith, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Keith

Keith New Member

We must all try and revive the forum.

Personally I love it.

Lets have loads of new interesting postings, Pictures, quizzes, unusual items relating to WWII, in the air on the sea, on the land and even on the home front.

I'm kicking off with interesting, lesser known aircraft, someone take weapons, vehicles, ships etc etc.

Friends remove your didgits and put them to good use on the keyboard, so we can keep the newer generation informed.

Cheers
    Keith DXXX!!

2. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I now have this strange vision of dismembered digits dancing on keyboards!

3. Keith

Keith New Member

Digital removal

Hi Kitty,
    For the sake of decorum and keeping messages within the bounds of posting rules I refrained from saying from where to remove them.

Cheers
    Keith DCCCIV
    ps, pity we have no smilies

4. Kitty

Kitty New Member

where they come from keith? ;)

5. John

John Active Member

A very interesting posts K & K.
    I have a problem with my icons They are just red crosses ????

6. Keith

Keith New Member

Calling All

Hi John,

Hope you're OK, no barbies or playing with matches this time of the year, looked out the window and it's snowing again.

Cheers
    Keith DXXXVIII
    ps. nearing my two years service bar, got a six pack waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Hi John, afraid that because of some issues with corrupt files we have lost the portal and the icons. The rest of the forum is fine.

8. John

John Active Member

Thanks for your answer to my question Kitty. It makes me cranky that some mongrel can spoil the enjoyment of many. I don't know if the story was reported over there but there was was an 8 year old girl taken from her bed during the night and was killed by the person who committed this crime. A memorial site was placed on facebook in memory of this young girl and was promply invaded by perverts and sick minds taking over the site.

9. Cobber

Cobber New Member

That has been happening down here to, and probably everywhere else as well.
    The Weak dogs using pseudonyms to upset the innocent. wish they were traced and the whats left of the full force of internet law thrown at them.

CCCOOBBEERRR

10. spidge

spidge Active Member

Apparently Queensland police have sufficient evidence to proceed with charges against some of these sickoes!

Cheers

Geoff

11. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

These things would be fixed if we knew how to. It's a case of what's left of the Mods having no idea how to sort it out.

12. sniper

sniper Active Member

This is down to you as well andy.
    From what i have seen you personnally don't do a lot on here

13. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

I'm one of the Mods who doesn't know how to fix it, Sniper, so don't think I'm making accusations! As I've explained to the other Mods, I'm busy elsewhere offline. This site should be able to sustain itself by now due to its longevity, membership and wealth of information.

Other than the previous few months, I've done plenty to help this site but without admin support and the financial situation to contribute to get this forum sorted I'm at a loss.

14. Cobber

Cobber New Member

From experiance as a mod and member on numerous sies i have found that the old members must keep the chat going and any new members should get involved in the chat. Post once and it becomes easier to post again. if this does not happen then sites end up dropping off.

So to all old and new members get chatting. You don't have to be a major historian type, just comment on things from the war that intrest you.

15. spidge

spidge Active Member

Forums face these issues from time to time. They are real people with real lives to live and sometimes events take over.

My mum and two brothers have passed away in just over two years and things tend to back up in your personal life and take precedence over all else.

Simply, we need old and new members posting to stimulate the thought processes.

Cheers

Geoff

16. Cobber

Cobber New Member

Mate what disturbing news your bros and mum man it must be hard for you at times if not most of the time.

17. Keith

Keith New Member

Conversation Makers

Hi Cobber,

I am launching a general site covering the British Army Equipment, any joining in to help will make it go.

Cheers
    Keith DIVL