Britains Small Wars - India (1945-1948)

Discussion in 'Other Conflicts' started by spidge, Nov 4, 2007.

1. spidge

spidge Active Member

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Read more here: http://www.britains-smallwars.com/India/Introduction.html
    [/SIZE]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][/FONT]

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Though I think the site from which this information comes from is excellent I do find the Introductory interpretation highly dubious. The comment "The main reason for India not becoming a self-governing country before the war, was that Britain had held the majority of India's foreign debt and the second, was that before the war, there were nowhere near enough trained Indian military officers to take over the Indian army and provide for India's defence." may have been a plausible reason but it was very minor one. For one, India's foreign debt was the debt incurred by Whitehall, syphoning off India's coffers, and yet restricting their ability to trade on an equal footing with the rest of the Empire and the World. And it was the Raj who restricted the Indianisation of the Army in the first place.

Anyway, as I said, the sections on the units etc are excellent though.

3. spidge

spidge Active Member

I was going to put that paragraph in red however I thought you would find it easily enough!