Britain at War Magazine will continue!

Discussion in 'Books and Films' started by Kyt, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Some of you may know that I'm a great fan of a new(ish) magazine called Britain at War. Though only a year old they have published some excellent articles, and the team are very friendly and approachable.

I've had contact with Martin, the Editor, on a number of occassions (and even had a couple of letters published :becky:), and I've just heard back from him about the rumours that the magazine may be ceasing publication. His response (which he says I could publicise):

Good luck to the team, and I look forward to the next issue:

http://www.britain-at-war-magazine.com/

2. spidge

spidge Active Member

That's good news Kyt.

3. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Good to hear they are able to keep going. A quality magazine deserves every chance it can get to succeed.

4. Adrian Roberts

Adrian Roberts Active Member

I'm glad to hear this, but I have to say it is still very difficult to find in the shops, even when I look on 11th of the month or just after. This certainly applies to WHSmiths. Perhaps the new owners should look at their distribution methods, and widen the number of outlets.

5. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

I think that was a problem with the distributers and the shops. My local Borders stopped stocking it before Christmas. When I asked (thinking it just hadn't arrived yet) the assistant phoned the Borders distribution centre and was told that they had just decided not to sell it anymore. No reason, no explanation. :frusty: Took a lot of persuading for them to stock it again and even then it only restarted last month.

So hopefully now that the magazine has new owners, they will get that problem sorted.

6. Antipodean Andy

That's a quality looking mag. Pity I already subscribe to three others and am behind with my reading of them!

Might look for it in the newsagent's.

7. Interrogator#6

Interrogator#6 Active Member

Could someone please post subscription information?

8. Antipodean Andy

Here ya go, mate.

Rest of The World Subscriptions
    6 Months Subscription
    £37.53 (incl P &P) 10% discount on normal monthly rate) - US$75.25

12 Months Subscription
    £69.48 (incl P &P) 16.7% discount on normal monthly rate) - US$139

Contact@Britain-at-war-magazine.com