boo blue

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Blinda Thorne, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Blinda Thorne

Blinda Thorne New Member

Hello everyone
    My name is Belinda and having recently discovered details of my great uncle during ww11. I am hoping to expand on this knowledge and also post details that might be relevant to other site members.

2. Diptangshu

Diptangshu Active Member

Hi Belinda ....Welcome and thanks for joining us!
    Tell us as much as you could, read what you like .... as much as you can .. Thanks.

3. Blinda Thorne

Blinda Thorne New Member

Thank you for such a warm welcome. I have been looking into the service history of my great uncle James William Gardiner 851207, 28th field reg ,royal artillery. To date I know he served in Africa before being captured and put into PG53 Sforza costa camp After capitulation of the Italians the POWS were then taken by the germans and James was moved to stalag 344,On 20/08/44 the US bombed Monowitz and tragically James died s a result along with 38 other prisoners. I do know where James is buried and hope to visitmhis grave possibly next year. I have no pictures of James and would love to hear from anyone who can offer information either work camps or any other details that maybe relevant. thakyou again for such a warm welcome

4. Diptangshu

Diptangshu Active Member

Campo Concentremento/Sforzacosta cPG 53 : some impostant infos and pow accounts >
    http://www.pegasusarchive.org/pow/cPG_53_History1.htm
    On one occasion, I was in search of Cpt Anthony W Lister/RA, an Expert 'radioman', had been captured in France by the enemy and unfortunately this 'able' man had to spent most of the War by 'touring' from one camp to another.
    I kept the old link for other purposes .... however I'm sharing these few pages so that you could get more infos! Thanks ..

5. Blinda Thorne

Blinda Thorne New Member

wow thank you so much hopefully I will gain a much better understanding of the conditions my great uncle endured . thank you