Bentley Priory: A piece of history for the few

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Kyt, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

The mansion which housed Fighter Command during the Battle of Britain is to be developed for luxury homes. Sonia Purnell is given an exclusive look at how its past will be reconciled with a new future

Bentley Priory: A piece of history for the few - Telegraph

click on the links for piccies

2. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

I seem to be saying this regularly of late but what on earth is your government on?! Do they have so little national pride that they are willing to sell off a literal part of Britain's finest hour? Add to that, reading the comments, the BoB memorial was funded privately and I suspect the money from any sale of Bentley Priory won't go to the RAF or the other armed services.

This incessant cost-cutting is making Britain poorer while the government gets richer. Pure greed and a disgrace.

3. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Bentley Priory Plan Gets Go-Ahead - Harrow Observer

4. Brian S

Brian S Guest

Historic Buildings

What next,
    Bletchley Park ?

5. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

I used to live near this beautiful old place. The area is desperate for luxury accomodation costing a fortune!!! I can't think why it wasn't thought of before. It will also obviously give the nation's future generations the opportunity to try to understand the past when all of this history is swallowed up for the edification of the few!!! Sorry I forgot to say that I thought the developers promises will probably remain just that!

6. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

buggeration

Battle of Britain museum at RAF Bentley Priory shelved (From Harrow Times)

7. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

I would suggest that the open days in September, right before BoB day, are the perfect chance for the public to show how much the site means to them and the nation - much like they did last year.

8. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

BBC NEWS | England | London | World War II museum 'threatened'

9. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

MoD under-fire over musuem for "The Few" at RAF Bentley Priory (From Harrow Times)