Discussion in 'Latest News' started by Kitty, May 21, 2010.
the attachment problem still ongoing? dammit!
Keith - I hope you realize that I was only joking with you ???. I have the greatest respect for all sections of the armed forces
Never in a million years would take offence at anything you post, I know it would only be meant as good humour.
After 37 years in the armed services, I know when anything is not good natured banter, and even then realising it may be warranted.
For you Keith, You probably have seen this or something very similar before.
Oh another kind nickname the Weed Walkers use for the Arty down here is "Drop Shorts"
Artillery the only Battle Honour needed is
A very old RA award Awarded by the King to RAA around 1950
THE SONS OF ST. BARBARA".
1. In the beginning there was chaos and the chaos was the Infantry, for the Infantry was alone.
2. And fear was with the Infantry and they cried unto the Lord saying, "Lord, save us for we are afraid."
3. And the Lord heard their grunts and set some of the Infantry on beasts of burden and these he called Cavalry, and the Cavalry became Armour.
4. And when the Lord had seen what he had done he laughed saying, "Well, you can't win them all."
5. The Infantry and the Armour again cried out to the Lord saying, "Lord, save us for we are afraid." And the Lord heard their cried and decided to end their weeping.
6. And the Lord said unto them, "Lo and behold, I send you a race of men noble in heart and spirit." And the Lord created the Gunners.
7. And the Lord said unto the Infantry and Armour, "When it is dark, the Gunners shall light your way."
8. And when you need smoke, there shall be smoke, and when you need HE, WP, H & I and counter-battery fire, all this ye shall have."
9. And the Lord gave the Gunners big guns and field guns, and the Infantry and Armour were jealous for they had naught.
10. And the Infantry cried out saying, "Lord, thou hast created the Infantry as Queen of Battles, but now thou hast made the Gunners King of Battles and well knowest thou what the King does to the Queen."
11. And the Lord replied, "Right on!"
12. And the Lord gave unto the Artillery rockets and missiles and, best of all, nukes. And when the Infantry and Armour saw this they fell to their knees in wonder saying, "Surely God is on the side of the greatest - THE GUNNERS."
13. And the Lord sayeth, "You got that right."
Now abideth Infantry, Armour, and Artillery; but the greatest of these is..."Artillery
Thanks for your kind thoughts, you may find these two pages from a book "The Regimental Record of the British Army" by John S. Farmer, of interest. The battle honour "Ubique" goes back many years before this book, if I can find a date when it was bestowed I'll post it.
Sorry mate, it will only load in as an unopenable (Attach)
Now I find it has loaded!!!!!!!!
Separate names with a comma.