back together

Discussion in 'Latest News' started by Wise1, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

Well after the new pc purchase and getting used to windows Vista (which is shit so far) I am fairly much back together and ready to start developing again.

Took an age to setup the lamp server and mysql, php, apache, etc...

2. sniper

sniper Active Member

Welcome to Vista Lee. I still prefer 'EP' but my dear one bought me a laptop for xmas so my main computer is going to be outlawed once we get wireless. Now the problem will be getting everything transferred before she donates my computer to the local charity shop. I'm using an external hard drive to transfer everything over but it takes so long to move it all.
    Have fun with Vista, it sure is quite different and like you i think its rubbish.

Sniper

3. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Our desktop, which is now about 8 months old and still pleasing me, came with Vista and, from a plodder's viewpoint, it was weird but I got used to it. Of course, I cracked it when it wouldn't let me load certain versions of software I use all of the time so we took it back and had the shop put Vista's predecessor back on!

Progress? Sigh.

4. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

As usual Microsoft release something not ready for market. I will give it another couple of weeks but I may end up back on XP, its taken me so long just to get this system near to where I want it and every problem has been due to Vista!

5. spidge

spidge Active Member

I love XP and don't really want to change.

6. Kitty

Kitty New Member

And theres a lesson for all of you, ALWAYS wait for version 1.2 :>

7. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

heh, its on version 7 !

8. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Sorry i was taking version 1.2 for everyone else. For Microsoft wait for version :noidea:20.9