Awards

Discussion in 'Latest News' started by Wise1, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

I have setup a new awards system, I think we can use it in two ways.

To reward Members who have contributed to the forum, the web, the war, and so on.

We could have website awards where we could review particular sites and offer an award from the members here to say what a great site it is.

So with that in mind, lets have your ideas for what you think we should give awards for?

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

I do like the sound of the second one - reviewing/rewarding good websites - but we would need to safeguard against abuse (people joining who maybe "affiliated" to a site or psot their site and rewarding it)

The awards system for members of the forum sounds very much like the reputation system - however, I would much prefer some sort of visible rewards system as a bit of fun rather than the rather anonymous rep system.

3. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

Yes, I agree, this simple system will put awards in the members profile and you can click on them to see why it was awarded and who nominated them.

On the website side, we could nominate sites, then allow members time to review them and create a poll with voters names on to safeguard against any funny business.

4. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

I agree to the second one as well as it also promotes the forum on other websites. Perhaps if a website is suggested, it needs a certain number of votes from members to be offered an award - say 10 members agreeing it is worthy of an award, or 5 or whatever.

Should supporting comments be made for any website suggested?

5. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

Yes, I think supporting comments would always be required.

6. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

All sounds great to me!

7. spidge

spidge Active Member

I'll second that!

8. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

I'll third it!