Avro Lancaster

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by spidge, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Good stuff, Keith. Do you have any of the Manchester and the Canadian Lancs for comparison?

2. Keith

Keith New Member

Undressed Lancasters

Batch 3
    Keith

3. Keith

Keith New Member

Lanky Tail Feathers

Batch 4
    Keith

4. Keith

Keith New Member

Batch 5 original undressed lanky

Reduced tp upload
    Cheers
    Keith

5. Keith

Keith New Member

Lancaster file

Hi Andy,
    After flick through I thought these may be of interest, regarding Canada Badged Lancasters, adding an oddity I had never seen before.
    Cheers
    Keith

6. spidge

spidge Active Member

"G" for George of 460sq

This is the photo on my desktop of "G for George" of 460sq at the Australian War Memorial. I am always amazed in the close view at the size of the bomb doors.

View attachment 2917

7. David Layne

David Layne Active Member

8. larry617

larry617 New Member

Avro Manchester Mark I, "Hoo-flung" is Manchester L7489, Failed To Return: 8/9 May 1942

9. Joanne Schensema

Joanne Schensema New Member

Here are copies of a photo I have signed by Ernie Taylor as well as scanned newspaper article about the Lancasters that were being built in Canada, not sure of the date, but I have been told that maybe the photo was the original that was brought in from England the original that the Canadian Lancasters were copied from, I am still trying to find out more information

Attached Files:

10. Joanne Schensema

Joanne Schensema New Member

I started this project trying to find out what year the photo was taken. The newspaper clipping is from the Toronto Star, but I do not know the date. I am trying to put some history to what I have.

Attached Files:

11. aghart

aghart Former Tank Commander Moderator

Correct, the Lincoln was an improved Lancaster with higher payload, higher operational ceiling and (important for the Pacific) longer range.