Anzac Database - Good stuff

Discussion in 'Resources' started by spidge, Jun 4, 2008.

1. spidge

spidge Active Member

This database had been closed to public access for a few years however it is a great resource and uo to date 2008.

Although the information is readily available elsewhere, this one stop show is magnificent and FREE...................

An example: http://www.aif.adfa.edu.au:8080/showPerson?pid=166925

2. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

It's like a enormous version of the footnotes in Mark Lax's Alamein to the Alps!

3. spidge

spidge Active Member

I thought it was magnificent.

I was looking through the WW1 flyboys.

The example left out what time his local pub shut however in those days it was probably 6PM.:cry_smile:

4. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Probably why he decided to serve overseas.

Traitor :p

5. spidge

spidge Active Member

For my project!!!!! Lord Haw Haw!:heh:

6. spidge

spidge Active Member

7. Nostalgair

Nostalgair New Member

That's a great resource Spidge, thanks.

I found both John Zupp and James Frederick, the great Uncle, that I've been researching of late. The latter was killed at Hamel and this website list the names of those in his unit as well.

Thanks again,

Owen

8. Cobber

Cobber New Member

Awesome resource, it says that my great Grand dad's officers said he was a brave man who was willing to give up his life for others. He died of Gun Shot Wound to head August 8 1916 22nd AIF. he lingered for two days before dying.
    It says he was 45 Y/O when enlisted but some how was only 43 Y/O at death He went with first reinforcements for 22nd AIF June 1915
    God only knows where the site authors got that gem of information as I have his file and it does not say anything like that that I can find.

9. spidge

spidge Active Member

This site is an amalgamation of all government information sites/files, so the info is there somewhere.

Cheers

Geoff

10. Mike Rice

Mike Rice New Member

11. RcNu

RcNu Member

Awesome addition to Militarian.
    I'll check it out.

12. Pzula

Pzula New Member

This database is huge! I've got a big ANZAC project coming up and this is just the resource I need. Thanks for sharing this, spidge.

13. Akolt

Akolt Member

That's a great resource Spidge, thanks.

I found both John Zupp and James Frederick, the great Uncle, that I've been researching of late. The latter was killed at Hamel and this website list the names of those in his unit as well.

Thanks again,

14. ShamarV8

ShamarV8 New Member

Man that database is ridiculous man, thanks for the share. Now off to spend the resting of my night browsing through all of that information.

15. Akolt

Akolt Member

Thanks for share man, made everything easier for me.

16. michael thoms

michael thoms New Member

I would like to view this data base as I am writing about my Father in laws time in France WW1, Ivor Norman Fleet, 31249 , NZEF, he volunteered in 1916, lost a leg at Passenchadale 1917, there maybe some info there of value, please tell me how I may look at the info, Thanks Mike

17. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Member

Site doesn't seem to be pulling up for me. It's pretty unfortunate because it seems like a lot of the posters here have found it to be a valuable resource. Was going to do some research for my own entertainment, not for a project or anything. Was hoping I could take a look at this. Is the site down or is it just not pulling up for me?