AGEOD's Birth of America Computer Game

Discussion in 'Revolutionary War' started by bschulte, Dec 12, 2006.

1. bschulte

bschulte New Member

I didn't see a good place to post this, so I posted it here. Has anyone else tried AGEOD's "Birth of America" game focusing on the French & Indian War and the American Revolution? It is considered by many wargamers to be one of the best games of this year. I just purchased it today and it is definitely a blast! Anyone interested might want to check it out at http://www.birth-of-america.com/. It's pretty reasonably priced at only $27 or so for the direct download.

2. markpeters

markpeters New Member

Brett,

I haven't played this particular one, but I had played Colonisation, what now seems like, aeons ago. I bet the principle is the same, but with better graphics etc. Would be good to see a review, either here or on your site soon.

Best wishes,

Mark

3. bschulte

bschulte New Member

Mark,

It's more of a straight wargame than Colonization was, although I really enjoyed that game too. BoA has no economy or politics. The game gives you reinforcements on an historical basis, and you can increase the number of militiamen produced based on the loyalty of a given province. With that said, the simplicity is its strong point. I've had a lot of fun playing the French & Indian War scenarios (which are easier), and I'll move on to the Revlutionary War scenarios soon. I probably won't do any kind of review for the game on my site, only because I want to continue to focus on the Civil War. If I start expanding things to other conflicts and periods, it's REALLY gonna start getting out of hand! ;D

4. markpeters

markpeters New Member

Brett,

I probably won't do any kind of review for the game on my site, only because I want to continue to focus on the Civil War. If I start expanding things to other conflicts and periods, it's REALLY gonna start getting out of hand!

That's a shame, but I understand. :'( I might be investing in this if it's not in real time. Is it?

Best wishes,

Mark

5. bschulte

bschulte New Member

Nope, it's not real time. It is turn-based, but uses a simultaneous turn system. Each side gives orders, and these are carried out all at once. It's an interesting and very workable system. I definitely recommend it.

6. markpeters

markpeters New Member

Brett,

Okay, I'm sold. I hope you're on a retainer, and will get commission for sales based on your recommendation. ;D

Best wishes,

Mark

7. bschulte

bschulte New Member