A new WW2 book

Discussion in 'Books and Films' started by Jeremy, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy New Member

Hello all,

I hope this is ok for me to post on here. I am not a bot spamming your forum honest! :)

I have just joined up to this forum as I have just self published a book about my Grandads (Joe) experiences at the start of WW2. I am trying to get a bit of public awareness about the website we have set up to sell the book.

This is a previously untold story of his life during the turbulent time at the start of the second world war in 1939. At the time he was living in Eastern Poland. Shortly after the Nazis invaded Poland from the West the Russians invaded from the East. Joe was part of a partisan resistance group fighting against the Red Army. The book records his fight against the invading Russian Army, his subsequent capture, imprisonment and brutal interrogation before being sentenced to death and spending 23 days on death row in a prison in the town of Orsha, Russia.

A reprieve condemned him to the Vorkuta Gulag in the Arctic Ural Mountains. His subsequent escape to England via Finland is described followed by details of his return to Europe by submarine through Lithuania as a member of SOE. Finally a reunion with Polish Forces in the Middle East was made possible after the Nazi invasion of Russia caused the Soviets to become an uneasy ally of Poland. A spell with the Polish Commandos was followed by his return to England once more where he became a fighter pilot with the Polish Air Force at the tail end of hostilities, all by the ripe old age of 22.

If anyone is interested more information can be found on this site:
    www.23days.eu

Any questions please feel free to ask.