7th Battalion, South Lancashire Regiment 1916

Discussion in 'World War 1' started by VictoriaJ78, Jun 25, 2010.

1. VictoriaJ78

VictoriaJ78 New Member

Hi All

I am currently researching my Great Uncle, Private 18168 Mark Mills who died in La Boisselle on 5/7/16 who served with the 7th Battalion, South Lancashire Regiment.

I have managed to obtain his service records and I have even been to the Theipval Memorial and found his name - very emotional.

I am starting to piece together the battlion's movements, however there are a few things I am trying to find and I wondered if anyone has any information or stories from their own family members of men who served during this time.

Mark was from Erdington in Birmingham and was living in Aston at the time he enlisted, so I am wondering why he did did not enlist with a closer regiment?

Also I am looking to find any photo's of Mark or a group photo of his battalion. Unfortunately I do not have any family members that will have any photo's of him or whether he would have had a photo taken when enlisted. I would also appreciate any information in regards to his battalion's time in France.

Many Thanks in advance :)