67-year-old Technicolor film about the making of Steel in WWII.

Discussion in 'Books and Films' started by Mason Cardiff, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Mason Cardiff

Mason Cardiff New Member

Hello,
    My Name is Mason Cardiff and this is my first thread.
    During World War 2 My Father Jack Cardiff was assigned to photograph films about the war effort. One of these films was called ‘Steel’. I have just started a ‘Kickstarter’ campaign (organised by Amazon) with the British Film Institute and I’m in need of help to restore this 67-year-old film back to its former glory. This 30-minute film uses the process of Technicolor to spotlight the highly skilled craftsmen who for generations devoted their working lives to steel whilst being hunted down by the Luftwaffe. If you think anyone would find this project interesting, here is the link -

Steel by Mason Cardiff — Kickstarter

Many thanks
    Mason

2. pilot2fly

pilot2fly Member

This is a noble cause and I really hope you get your film restored. I am a huge WWII history enthusiast, and I would love to see this restored to it's former glory. Spread the film and make sure people understand the premise behind it.

3. Mason Cardiff

Mason Cardiff New Member

Many thanks! We've got 42 days left to get our total using this method with Kickstarter. It's nice to have a platform where anyone can pledge $1 to $10,000 and get something back. Fingers crossed!

4. pilot2fly

pilot2fly Member

I am going to try to donate to your cause before the 42 days end. I try to help anyone, especially if they are doing it for a noble cause. Hats off to you, sir.

5. Mason Cardiff

Mason Cardiff New Member

That's very kind of you - thank you!