1780s Spy Boat Services on Hudson River

Discussion in 'Revolutionary War' started by Bob Score, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Bob Score

Bob Score New Member

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I've stumbled upon some family history that I can't quite figure out.

I've been researching my 5th Great Grandfather, Seth Capron. He originally served in the Massachusetts 4th Reg., but in 1781 he was assigned to the West Point area of NY. I've been reading documents from his Pension Application request and he mentions his immediate request to serve with the Spy Boat Services on the Hudson River. I also have documents with his signature requesting Provisions, Rations, and even 1 gallon of Rum for the crew of George Washington's Barge.

I can't seem to find any information about spy boat services on the Hudson River from 1781-1783. Does anyone have any idea where I can find more information about this, or what this actually was? Thanks!

Bob

2. pilot2fly

pilot2fly Member

You can try going to the local library and doing a search. I've found a great wealth of information on many wars there. If you can't find anything there, try asking around and see if anyone around town knows people who might be able to guide you in the right direction.