173rd Siege Battery

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jeffreyh, Apr 23, 2013.

1. jeffreyh

jeffreyh New Member

Hi everyone, I'm Jeff and my grandfather wrote a memoir of his WWI experience in 1918 and re-wrote it again in 1961. I have done a fair bit of copy and pasting to make an album of his experience and the 173rd and have collected lots of pictures and maps which I created a FB page for sharing. I am here as I saw there was mention on one thread about a Capt Hand who served in the 173rd. I'm not sure if they are one in the same but my grand father also mentions a Capt Hand who apparently may have saved his life by changing an order after the commanding officer was wounded.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/447405788667155/

Let me know if you can't connect easily.

jeff

2. jeffreyh

jeffreyh New Member

3. Jeff,

You have most likely already been approached, but I would like to ask for myself as well. I'm a freelance writer and I'm working on a series of pro-military articles interviewing veterans. I am also speaking to veteran's families, and your grandfather's writing down his memoirs is just fantastic. Would you by any chance be willing to talk to me about his experiences? I'd love to write an article about his military service, and it sounds like you have extensive information. So many families do not. My goal is simply to raise military pride and awareness. People are often woefully uneducated and, of course, I would like very much for Americans to understand just how much they have to be thankful for when it comes to what our soldiers have done for us. If you'd be willing to talk, that would be great. We could set up a phone interview at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your consideration.

4. jeffreyh

jeffreyh New Member

Well Katie, my phone has been ringing non stop. They want the movie rights and everything. Just kidding, you are welcome to speak with me on this. My father is still alive and he is a WWII veteran as well. By the way you are the first.

jeff

5. My email is runzbikezswimz@yahoo.com if you'd like to discuss details of a phone interview. I'd love to speak to your father if he is willing. Thank you for such a prompt reply.

6. jeffreyh

jeffreyh New Member

sent you a couple of emails