WW2Chat's first birthday!

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by CTNana, Aug 21, 2008.

1. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

The first anniversary of the site's inaugeration will be occurring shortly (is a site inaugerated?).

I note that there are now more than 600 members and there have been over 3000 threads.

What would be a fitting way to celebrate this?

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Well Lee launched the site on the 31st August 2007, and the first four members joined on the 7/8 September (Kitty, myself, Morse and Spidge).

But I think the 31st should be considered the first anniversary. And I think we've done rather well in that time. Chat seems to have become quite good at disseminating the latest WW2 news, having interesting conversations, meeting like minded people, staying away from "dlame wars", and most importantly, focussing on the smaller nations who particpated in the war. I don't think there is any other forum which highlights the contributions made by Australia, NZ, Canada, Indian sub-continent etc to the same degree.

So well done everyone on a very successful year, and thank you all for your contributions to date. may it continue for a longtime.

And Nana, I am rather partial to single malts ;)

3. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Time flies when you're having fun, eh?

I think it'd be safe to say that by the time of our first birthday we'll have more than 18,000 posts as well - 1,500 per month. Take into account the diversity of subjects and the friendly discussions and banter and you really can't do much better!

4. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Lets face it, we're geniuses :D

5. Adrian Roberts

Adrian Roberts Active Member

If we really were, we'd be genii. :irvine:

6. Nostalgair

Nostalgair New Member

Good effort one and all and I think a special thanks is in order to the original members for growing the forum.

Kyt has also raised some pertinent points about the nature of the forum, with which I agree wholeheartedly.

Cheers

Owen

7. spidge

spidge Active Member

I am proud to be one of the initial members who listed threads with a great deal of importance to "other" allied countries and their armed forces.

The dominant countries of the allied nations are/were well catered for on many forums. Our intention was to highlight the Commonwealth contributions on a wider scale while not forgetting the major forces and conflicts.

The creation of interesting topics that have drawn new members everyday through google searches landing on that "chat" topic has been the real reward.

The great list of members and friends that we have made is the best reward.

Big thanks also go to Kyt for keeping the forum together as Mod and "Admin" when available time for some of the other Mods like myself became tight.

I look forward to the second year delivering many more members who are like minded in their quest for knowledge about WW2.

8. John

John Active Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the best site on the internet.
    This is the 1st site I visit each day and enjoy the banter and humour of our members between one another.

:hail:

9. Kitty

Kitty New Member

In that case we definitely are genii as we must have worked a bit of magic. I am so proud of this site, we cover everything that interests our members, not just the biggest (or loudest) players in the war.

We will get even better with practice, and so long as Kyt continues to heed the advice of his fellow Mods and refrains from pressing buttons we will continue to have a long and varied existence.

Here's to the next fact filled year

10. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

August 31 has passed so we are officially one year old! The anniversary of Kyt, Kitty, Spidge and Morse joining up as the mod team is today so a hearty congratulations to them and enduring thanks for their work to date and in the future.

On a personal note, I'm three days off my one year anniversary and looking forward to a few goals for the forum (1,000 members, 50k posts etc).

11. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

Doesn't time fly when you are having fun? Can it really be a year since we emigrated from somewhere else?

My thanks too to Kyt, Kitty, Spidge and Morse (not forgetting Lee). I have learned such a lot and read things which haved filled me with almost every emotion.

Thanks too to the steadily increasing membership who have opened even more doors for me!

12. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Where's the cake? I DEMAND CAKE DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)