WW1 Era Historical Fiction

Discussion in 'World War 1' started by Ambreville, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Ambreville

Ambreville New Member

Greetings

My co-author Janet Deaver-Pack and I are releasing prequels to our novels, which take place during WW1. I'm posting this here for anyone interested in giving these stories a look and perhaps commenting/discussing what we may have gotten wrong. Feel free to volunteer information you believe to be relevant. We're looking for pointers regarding that period, on anything that has to do with details of everyday life to armament, its usage, uniforms, unit locations, and other events. Thanks to anyone willing to jump in!

There are two series. The first, The Crucible of Thoth, deals with archeology and fantasy. You might be more interested in the second series, The Hand of Justice, which takes place in Cairo in 1915. You'll find the files there here and here. A look at the last post on that blog, The Making of The Hand of Justice, may give you a better idea of what we've been looking at.

Thanks!

Bruce Heard

2. Sarge

Sarge New Member

Bruce,

Welcome to the forum!

3. Ambreville

Ambreville New Member

Thanks! :)

4. sniper

sniper Active Member

Hi Bruce,

Welcome to the forum, I will have a look over the story for you tomorrow. Do you want it totally accurate regards units being in Egypt in 1915?

Sniper

5. Ambreville

Ambreville New Member

Thanks for looking into this, Sniper. Some accuracy on the units would be good. Since it is fiction, there is some flexibility, but I'd rather stick to historical accuracy where possible. Thanks again.