Women of WWII

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Gin0710, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

I posted this on a previous thread, but I've always been interested in learning more about the women who took over the factory jobs, who enlisted in the military and of course played baseball during World War II. I am thinking about writing a Historical fiction piece.

Thanks!

2. Diptangshu

Diptangshu Active Member

Since the list is too big to narrate, I wanna mention a couple of them only. They were educated, looked just like fresh daisies but, extremely dangerous for the Axis Warlords!
    Major Ursula V G Bower MBE (later on U V G Betts, '14 - '88), a British anthropologist turned into an expart bren gunner, commander of (head hunting) the Naga tribe after converting them by providing ammo training, a guerrilla V Force's formidable fighter group during the struggles for Burma. Mutaguchi put more or less thousand dollers for her head. Maj Bower was one of the Allied pillers, that helped saving the Empire from the Japs 15th Army. The 2nd but the last anthropologist turnd into soldier in the military history of WW1 and WW2!
    Capt Nancy G A Wake AC, GM (1912 - 2011), being an SOE, she was the Gestapo's most wanted person, with a head price over 5 million Franc!
    Thanks ..

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  3. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

That is very interesting. Thank you for sharing that with me and for the links to the resources.