Recent Downtime

Discussion in 'Latest News' started by Wise1, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

First of all I am very sorry for all the recent downtime. Having looked at different hosts to carry us forward we selected a less than adequate one, unfortunately we only discovered that after we moved.

Lots of discussions were held between the moderator group and we decided that saving money on hosting was not an option so we went for the best and are now hosted at a best in class host.

So the bottom line was we had two server moves in just a few days.

Many will still not be able to see the forums yet but that will change in just a few hours for everyone.

Part of the reason we moved was that ww2chat is becoming much stronger and bigger these days and with plans for a new gallery that will take up a huge amount of space as it will allow members to have their own galleries we need a whole lot more disk space.

Another reason for the move is that we have a new site :plane:

Having thought about it and kicked the idea around we decided it was a great move and we have all been working behind the scenes to get it up and running and i will be telling you all about it very shortly.

So thanks again for your patience and I hope everyone will be able to see the site again very quickly after the move.

Regards

2. war hawk

war hawk New Member

I have just been allowed on the website earlier today, got an e-mail about it asking me if I have been able to acces the website.:couch2:

3. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

Yes, the majority seem to have got on earlier which is what we anticipated, still a few though having trouble in the US, such as David Layne but I am speaking to him via email.

4. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

David's frustrated to the max .... can't get in and can't get WW1 either !! ( he just sent me a message !! )

I'm getting everything .... what shall I tell him - or shall I just leave it up to you ????? :dwarf:

5. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

He's getting WW1talk now as he has posted over there

6. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

:banplease:

I forgot to open the forums at ww1talk to general registration
    :lalala:

7. David Layne

David Layne Active Member

O.K. I'm in at 6.45 local. Had to figure out the ISP's DNS thingys which wasn't easy.

8. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Wahey, welcome back David. Glad it got sorted in the end