R.A.F over Wales.

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by David Layne, Apr 20, 2008.

1. David Layne

David Layne Active Member

Seems like the Welsh don't appreciate the R.A.F.

2. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

That would make me fly over them more often! I would have thought living with RAF flying was a fact of life in Wales?

3. Nostalgair

Nostalgair New Member

Great Shot!!

I love it!

Cheers

Owen

4. David Layne

David Layne Active Member

Hi Andy and Nostlgair. Seems like the Australian contingent is active this morning.

5. Nostalgair

Nostalgair New Member

Yep,

I've been a bit busy of late, but there's light at the end of the tunnel.....

...or is that a train coming?

Cheers

Owen

6. Antipodean Andy

G'day DL! Yep, some catching up to do after a busy weekend!

Stay away from the light, Owen!

7. spidge

spidge Active Member

That's my saying![​IMG]

8. spidge

spidge Active Member

How quickly they forget and how quickly they would be calling for assistance.

They have to practice somewhere!

9. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Dear God its been a long time since i heard about that farmer.

And the story goes....

Said farmer rears sheep, which when spooked can abort their lambs. Bad news for a farmer relying on said lambs for his business when he's under the flight path from RAF Valley and in the low fly region.
    So said farmer decided to paint the above message on his barn roof in the hope it would get the message to the fast jet crews. Unfortunately word got around and fast jets were coming in from every RAF base within flight range to see it, all flying low. They then talked and the American fast jets started to come in for a look. Then the French. Then the German. And the Spanish. And Italians and every other bloody fast jet within range of North Wales. He ended up with approximately 500% more fast jets a day than he had before, and so he painted over the roof. Unfortunately the last I heard the message was still visible through the paint. :>

10. Antipodean Andy

Maybe he should try growing carrots? RAF Valley's been around for a while so it can hardly be a new phenomenen.

11. Kitty

Kitty New Member

i don;t think so, but i think he;d had enough, like the chicken farmer at the Derwent Dam.

12. Antipodean Andy

:laugh: Clever reference, Kitty.

13. spidge

spidge Active Member

I can hear him talking and see him writing his letter.