Pre Christmas Dinner

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by spidge, Dec 8, 2007.

1. spidge

spidge Active Member

Just finished all the cooking last night and off to Mum's for a pre Christmas dinner.

Allows the whole family to spend the whole day with Mum instead of having to run around Christmas Day to multiple lunches and dinners.

We all make something.

I Cooked:

10kg Rolled leg of Pork on the BBQ (crackling came out perfect)
    6kg of Turkey Beast roll

Huge fresh fruit salad.

Pineapple, paw paw, peaches, kiwi fruit, strawberries, bananas, grapes & passionfruit.

Roast Potatoes and gravy - just before I leave.

Hope you are all feeling hungry.

My Sister in Law is making my favourite "Pavlova" for dessert.

See ya!:becky::becky::becky:

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Damn, I've just eaten and I'm hungry again. The pork roll sounds great. Hope you have a great time with the family Spidge

3. Hawkeye90

Hawkeye90 Guest

Sounds absolutely delicious. Ive got a few more days to wait for my Christmas dinner.

4. spidge

spidge Active Member

Just sliced up the pork and the turkey and doing the roast potatoes.

Getting a little bit peckish myself now!

5. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

That sounds delicious! We do a similar thing in January to incorporate several birthdays too. Hope you all have a brilliant family day.

I just cannot imagine cooking joints on a barbecue!!! Christmas dinner in the sun - in my dreams!!!

Just to remind you of an olde worlde English Christmas

http://www.thecompassgroup.biz/merryxmas.swf - not!!!!

6. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

You are welcome at our house anytime, Spidgeman! I'll show you the oven...

Hope the meal was a good one. Looked like it was raining over your way over the weekend so weather might have been perfect for a roast. So, what are you cooking when we visit?! LOL, nah, I don't think Moorabbin Museum would take to kindly to us setting up a picnic table under the Beau's nose! I'll buy you a coffee instead!

One of my fave things about Christmas is the left over turkey which provides piles of turkey sandwiches afterwards.

Battle of the Bulge is on the box at the mo, was grimacing too much so here I am!

7. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

Hope you enjoyed your meal! the weather here means that only the brave and the foolhardy would venture out for a BBQ!

8. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I'm looking forward to christmas eve when mum cooks and bakes. fresh sausage rolls, cream horns, pork cooking slowly all day. And I ALWAYS have the pleasure of peeling all the veg in preparation. Still its more than made up by the meal with real meat juice gravy and apple sauce. And yes I do feel sick on christmas day. :D

9. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Can't wait for Yorkshire Puddings.

10. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Oooooooooh nasty things! Sage & Onion stuffing with apple sauce and mashed tatties. Best thing EVER!