Pandoraski's box?

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by David Layne, Jan 2, 2008.

1. David Layne

David Layne Active Member

2. Hawkeye90

Hawkeye90 Guest

Quite amazing! I was suprised that the contents of the footlocker were in such good

condition, practically like going back in time!

3. spidge

spidge Active Member

Cigars are in great shape (pardon the pun) for this period of time. The Ritmeester Charmant have great moisture content and just need a wipe with a toothbrush for a good smoke.

The Karel 1 were also Dutch cigars made by Henri Jacob van Abbe a Jew who started the factory in 1906 and by 1930 the Karel 1 factory was the largest in the Netherlands. (I used to sell cigars from all over the world)

Those cigars too, would also be well matured and a very nice smoke. These cigars were all hand made so the leaf is still "alive".

Many machine made cigars these days are made with Homogenised leaf. (Tobacco leaf is cut, shredded then rolled into big sheets for machine manufacture. (Not a hint of anyone's thigh in the manufacture)

4. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

There seems to be no damage to any of the items which seems surprising considering it is only an ordinary foot/ammo box. I didn't think they were so well sealed.

5. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Im sorry but I do not believe this for one moment. I ave seen vintage clothes that have been kept in perfect conditions and they always show some kind of wear.
    Set up.