Oundle School Casualties

Discussion in 'Resources' started by sniper, Jul 3, 2011.

1. sniper

sniper Active Member

Hi All,

I have recieved a copy of the Oundle School Memorial Book which includes all those who were attended the school and became casualties during WW1. Oundle School is in Northamptonshire, England. The book was written by Avalon Eastman and i helped in providing photographs of some headstones and did a little research for her as well.

All told those who attended the school and went to war between 1914-1918 won 202 decorations between them including 3 Victoria Crosses, 115 Military Crosses, 6 bars to the MC, 1 Military Medal, 29 DSO's 3 with bars, 2 Air Force Crosses, 4 DFC's, 1 DSM and at least 29 Foreign Decorations. Also there were 111 Mentioned in Dispatches.

Of the 961 men who served 222 were died between 1914-18 and 87 have no known grave.

If you need any research material about this school during WW1 please let me know.

Sniper

2. Gunner 1

Gunner 1 New Member

How different is the Oundle School Memorial Book from Oundle Memorials of the Great War MCMXIX-MCMXIX which has biographies and tipped-in photos of each of those killed?

Gunner 1